Illyrian Power Plc is a renewable energy financing company formed to finance the acquisition of renewable projects in Central Europe with an initial focus on Slovenia.
We are focused on financing built and operating renewable power projects, of which the power generation assets are either fully operative at time of investment or can be brought to that state within one year.
We will raise equity finance, initially through the issue of Preference Shares.
However, we also intend to raise further finance through debt or debt-based secured instruments.
Overall, Illyrian will consider the following methods of financing:
- Joint Ventures- we will consider joint venture partnerships with good UK and international renewable energy operators on short-, medium- and long-term projects.
- Bridging finance- funding through Illyrian will allow operators to advance their projects either to completion or to a more productive upgrade, thus potentially generating greater returns for the projects and enhancing asset values.
- Mezzanine finance- we may take advantage of lending opportunities to assist with the growth of companies within the renewable energy space where traditional banking sources of funding either fall short or require co-investment.
Illyrian will seek to generate cashflow by way of margins and arrangement fees built into its onward lending arrangements, including:
- Interest on the capital provided to project operating companies; and
- Warrants in the projects.
A prospective investor should consider carefully whether an investment in the Preference Shares is suitable for him/her in the light of his/her personal circumstances and the financial resources available to him/her. If you are in any doubt as to the action you should take, you should consult a person authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 who specialises in advising on the acquisition of shares and other securities.